Follow Us @soratemplates

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Homemade Geoboards

We just moved about a week ago, and our home is filled with boxes and things here and there. As we start unpacking a little bit at a time we are discovering things we didn't even know that we had. The other day our daughter unearthed a large bag of elastics. A thought started brewing in my brain... Geoboards.  When I stumbled upon ice cube trays from our latest trip to Goodwill I knew we had a plan.

Yesterday I setout the Ice Cube trays and some muffin tins. All four of my kids played for quite awhile with our homemade geoboards.  My 11 year old even added a STEM spin by devising a way to shoot elastics with a muffin tin. He and his older brother took turns aiming and shooting. It's possible my oldest was shot in the eye, but I didn't see anything. Lol!

My son decided to freeze an elastic decorated Ice Cube tray. He gets a kick out of offering guests ice from "his" tray. Nothing like a little ownership in the kitchen.

So if you are looking for a fun Math based activity, look no further than the kitchen and junk drawer. Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment