Follow Us @soratemplates

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Upcycled Drawing

I love to reuse household packaging. I've made felt board pieces out of cereal box characters; made organizers out of food boxes; and bookmarks out of packaging too. At the moment my kitchen island is balanced by a tiny piece of cardboard too. Repurposing at its finest!

As I was sweeping, I found a popsicle mold package on the floor.  I set it on my counter as I swept. When I glanced over the holes in the package reminded me of eyes.  I instantly felt inspired to create.

I took out a black marker, scissors and construction paper.  I decided to cut the cardboard packaging in half.  Then I took one half and placed it on the paper. I drew dots in the holes for eyes.  This helped me to visualize an outline.  My first thought was a monkey.

As I placed the packaging on the paper in different ways, I came up with a few ideas. When I put both halves down on the paper, I decided to draw a boy and his mother.

I think kids would have a lot of fun with this activity.  It is pretty open ended.  They could first pick out a package from your recycling.  Then they could cut it up into shapes and then they could draw around the packaging. Sky's the limit!

This is a great creative and family-friendly activity.  So please share if you give this idea a try! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment