Follow Us @soratemplates

Friday, November 10, 2017

Chocolate Berry Smoothies

My 13 year old wanted chocolate milk this morning, but we are out of milk.  I compromised by suggesting we make chocolate smoothies. My 3 year old loves to help me in the kitchen, so she immediately yelled, "I want to help!"

I gathered up the following ingredients:

  • Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
  • Juicy Juice Passion Dragonfruit
  • Honey
  • Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • Frozen Whole Strawberries
  • Frozen Maine Blueberries

Daughter helped scoop out the yogurt and put the frozen strawberries into our Magic Bullet.  I didn't exactly measure anything, but I usually fill the pitcher only halfway.  If I were to guesstimate...we probably used a half cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey and chocolate syrup, maybe a cup or 2 of juice, and a half cup of blueberries and strawberries.  I cook visually, so if I like how it looks I go with it!

After filling the Magic Bullet we blended for about a minute or until all the berries are pulverized. If it looks too chunky add more juice.  I served our smoothies with straws, so I wanted it liquid enough to be easily drinkable.

The result? My 13 year old said, "This is crazy good!", my 11 year old finicky eater drank it up, my 3 year old asked for seconds and my 14 month old grabbed my cup. So I think it was kid-approved.

I love any chance to get my kids in the kitchen and cooking, because I feel that learning to cook is a valuable life skill.  Smoothies are one of those kid-friendly activities that provides a great sensory experience too.  Do your kids ever help you in the kitchen?  Have you made smoothies together?  What do you put in your smoothies?

This is also an activity that Older Kids could do independently.  Also makes for a really healthy snack. Cheers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment